I've been writing about this music for over ten years now, and it has actually become more difficult to describe the incredible variety of video game inspired music I cover on this site. The best I can say is that I, genoboost, your humble host, fucking love this music. I've heard so much great music throughout 2016. Such incredible tunes make it easy to humbly plug away on this site, sharing my favorite albums with like minded game music lovers.
First, I have to thank the game music fans and readers that continue to check out this site and all things genoboost! Thank you to the artists, of course, who create and share their work online for us all to find and enjoy. Thank you all immensely for over ten years of support! Meeting and interacting with so many amazing fans, artists, and generally cool folks has always made this endeavor incomparably more fun and interesting!
I've heard it's a good idea to look back on previous accomplishments before tackling new ones, and this is also a good way to prepare you for what to expect from Game Music 4 All in 2017.
During 2016 I took on a lot more than simply writing a few sentences about good albums. I invested much more of my time in creating better podcasts and videos. This lead to me sitting in front of the camera for the first time on YouTube for a new series of video album reviews. It also meant a record number of episodes for the SUBCON podcast, which will break 50 episodes in 2017. I've even begun to write lengthy video game articles again! 2016 will be the year I finally sorted out my thoughts on classic games like Legend of Zelda, Castlevania, and more.
You might think all these new endeavors would take away from the original VGM spirit of this blog. Hell no. I'm still going to be sharing two great video game based albums every week!
Let's take a look at some stats this year!
Some accomplishments in 2016
- Blogged about 100+ VGM albums! (Which means I listened to well over 100 albums in 2016 as well!)
- Wrote six retro game articles in the last couple months of 2016. (This felt paltry at first, then I realized these six articles amount to almost 15 thousand words of nostalgia.)
- Wrote, recorded, and edited 20 new episodes of the SUBCON podcast
- Published 28 new videos on the GM4A Youtube page
- Recorded and edited 21 episodes of The Bystanders Podcast
- I wanted to become more active on social media, and chose Twitter as my social outlet. I don't have an easy way to know how many tweets I made in 2016, but I do know I said something at least once every day!
Let's just take a second to bask in these previous accomplishments…
That's enough basking now!
I've got a lot of goals for Game Music 4 All in this year 2017. Not only do I have goals though, but also a plan, a plan with a schedule. So now you can rest easy, knowing precisely when your favorite content of mine gets posted to the site.
2017 Monthly Schedule
- First Monday - SUBCON mixtape
- Second Monday - YouTube Video
- Third Monday - Feature Length Retro Game Article
- Every Tuesday & Thursday - VGM Album Post
- Every other Wednesday - SUBCON Podcast
- Final Friday - Live Twitch Stream
- Every other Saturday - The Bystanders Podcast
This doesn't include everything I'm planning to do this year. If all goes according to plan, there will be a constant stream of various audio, visual, and written content! I hope you're ready for another exciting year for myself and for video game music!