Much like last weeks comic, this one is also quite appropriate, since last week I felt pretty hungry at least several times, and once for pizza even. There is no real segue to plug this but I will anyway. WEST COAST WIGOUT 2. If you are in Los Angeles around E3 time then check out the show info through this link. If you missed the news last week, like our name, we have hit four years of VG inspired music news. We continue that tradition today, as we have got some news, some video, and some sweet new tunes for you.
- Wolfire's take on the Activision indie games competition via Wolfire Blog and Nobuooo
- VIDEO GAMES LIVE | Trailer | PBS (Video) via Video Games Live
- Series remixes streaming on Metroid: Other M website iva Nobuooo
- The Guardian interviews Red Dead Redemption composers via The Guardian and Nobuooo
- Operation Nerdcore: Mega Ran & K Murdock's Forever Famicom via 1UP
This is an appropriate comic, seeing as how Capcom is sponsoring our show in Los Angeles. WEST COAST WIGOUT 2 with awesome swag. If you are in the area, then find out more through this link. In other appropriate comic news we will also be hearing from Random AKA Mega Ran with his newest album Forever Famicom, which comes out June 1st. Of course a write up on it will be up here on GM4A as well that day! Now on to all the news that's fit to...be news?
- VGM Spotlight – Kileak, the Blood Sound Tracks & Remix via anosou.com
- MithrilWorks' -R- soundtrack available for free download via Nobuooo.com
- GM4A Records releases B-Type album HOURS
- Subtitled video interview with Beijing chiptune artist Sulumi via thecreatorsproject.com and Nobuooo.com
- Music Monday looks at The Megas album Get Equipped via thenakedgamers.com
- Stage Select: Galactic Hero by Comptroller via Beepcity.com
- Lo-Fi And The Lost Art Of The Pixel via Motherboard
- 8-Bit Doctor Horrible is Just What the Octoroc Ordered via 1UP
- PixelJunk Shooter's High Frequency Soundtrack via 1UP
In news this week, I think the biggest thing is Events, events, events! Looks like the guys at Nerdapalooza have announced a ton more artists. Same goes for the east coast rockers at Bit Gen Gamer Fest. Finally I am glad to announce our own show next month in Los Angeles. WEST COAST WIGOUT 2! You can find more details, including grab some presale tickets through this link. Now onto the news!
- Nerdapalooza announces a ton more bands via Nerdapalooza.org
- Bit Gen Gamer Fest 5 Announces artists and date
- Mega Man Music: The Blue Bomber Meets Blip Festival via 1UP.com
- Reviews: Next-Gen Nerdcore From Krondor Krew, Dr. Awkward via Wired.com
- Super Chip Tune Samba Band Research (video)
- http://pixelh8.co.uk/childhood-remixed-trailer/ (video)
- Games + Graffiti: New York's First 'Street Art Arcade' via Motherboard
Was it a slow week for VGIM? I am not really sure. I was sick all this week so I had a hard time being coherent for most of the week. Anyway, lots of great articles below. HPM does an interview with a cool new group I recently discovered called EpicNES. There is also some new footage of Random AKA Mega Ran performing new tracks and old classics this past Wednesday. Look below for that and more, and don't forget to read that there comic up above by Neally as well!
We also should have some new interesting things happening around here in the coming weeks so stay tuned for any and all exciting news too! Big things planned, BIG THINGS!
- The Humble Indie Bundle. Pay what you want for five indie game titles via Nobuooo.com
- First official trailer of Bit.Trip Runner
- Nario defeats Super Mario Bros on DDR pad
- Nullsleep announces Collapsed Desires Tour via Nullsleep.com
- Higher Plain Music interviews tribute band EpicNES via Nobuooo.com
- Mega Ran performs new single Dream Master from upcoming album Forever Famicom Live at the Viper Room in Los Angeles, CA.
Another week ends and it's another Week in VGM round up! Marvel below at the wonders of the internet! Also marvel above at another Neally and DJ Dig Dug comic!
- Mega Ran Teases Us With Yet Another Mega Man 10 Song! via Capcom Unity
- Mega Ran and MC Frontalot in Hollywood – May 5th
- Nario prepares for Super Mario Bros on DDR pad
- Nullsleep announces Collapsed Desires Tour via Nullsleep.com
- Mutherpluckin' B music video - Air Guitar (from 8-Bit Democracy) via Nobuooo
- University of Maryland's Gamer Symphony Orchestra Spring Concert is next Sat, May 8th @ 3pm
- Higher Plain Music interviews Tom Salta on Red Steel 2 via Higher Plain Music and Nobuooo.com
Welcome to another edition of Week in VGIM round up. Plenty has happened this week, as will be covered in the round up. We also have another comic from the one and only Neally of Neally & DJ Dig Dug. Also don't forget to join up in our forums to discuss all these awesome comics, sweet topics and more!
- PAX East Music Q&A: Mattias Häggström Gerdt (AKA AnotherSoundscape) (BlindEdge) via IndieGames
- Musician and gamer Nario defeats Castlevania on DDR dancepad
- Interview with independent sound design team Audio Aggregate via Game Music 4 All
- Sound Current becomes article on GameSetWatch via Nobuooo
- Into The Score podcast announces new episode soon based on Grim Fandango via Into The Score and Nobuooo
- VGM Spotlight - Jade Coccoon by Another Soundscape via Anosou.com
Hey everyone! Welcome back to another edition of the long absent Week in VGIM round up. I am glad to announce it's return as we now have a weekly comic strip to go with it! I would like to present the above comic, which is part one in the Neally & DJ Dig Dug comic series. A group you might recognize as being on GM4A Records. Be on the lookout for a new comic every Sunday! Thanks to Neally for the hard work!
- Interview with Grant Henry/Stemage of Metroid Metal via Tiny IndieGames
- The Megas & Tanuki Suit Riot @ Supper Club LA via Nobuooo
- "It often feels like a huge family gathering at our concerts!" Interview with Arnie Roth via GameMusic.net
- "Mustin discusses his new EP, Vision Quest. We also play the Hiroyuki Iwatsuki tribute album, Iwadon, and play some tracks from the OCRemix Xenogears: Humans and Gears album." via Radio Free Gamer Podcast
- Nerdapalooza announes, date, venue, pricing, more via Nerdapalooza
- Chiptune Album Sheds New Light on Dark Side of the Moon via Game|Life (thanks to Jeriaska for the link)